One of the concerns that I constantly hear from parents is that the children do not like their fruits and vegetables and that getting them to eat them is a constant struggle. This brings up other health problems like constipation, which is very common in kids.
At home, I try to look for creative ways to incorporate the kids in the meal prepping so they can get excited about trying new foods. One of our favorite healthy snacks is the greens and berries smoothie. It is super easy to make, packed with nutrients and the kids absolutely love it.
What do you need?
- Fresh or frozen fruits- we use strawberries, raspberries and blackberries.
- Green leaves- ours has kale, sometimes we use spinach or both.
- Fruit juice- I usually like cranberry and fill up half of the blender with this and half with water.
Mix all ingredients on the blender and enjoy a delicious healthy drink!
Get creative with these ideas:
- Add greek yogurt if you prefer a creamier consistency.
- Add a banana if you like a prefer a sweeter taste.
- Top with other super foods like chia seeds and flax seeds.
- Mix and match with tropical fruits for a twist in flavor.
- Freeze it and make it into popsicles, great for a summer treat.
This treat is a great source of Vitamin C, Magnesium, and fiber. It helps boost your immune system and helps your digestive system. And did I mention that it has antioxidants and is good for your skin?
Try it. Cheers!!!